If you recently applied a security patch or changed management settings on your
SQL server, SQL authentication mode may have been disabled.
If you have the SQL Server Enterprise Manager enable SQL Server authentication as follows:
- Open the SQL Server Enterprise Manager.
- Expand the SQL server group.
- Right-click on the server with your ksubscribers database and click Properties.
- On the Security tab, under Authentication, click SQL Server and Windows.
- Click OK and try logging onto your VSA again.
If you do NOT have the SQL Server Enterprise Manager (not available with MSDE version) uninstall the VSA as follows:
- Locate the latest VSA database backup and copy it to a temporary directory.
(The database backup is typically located in
- Open the control panel and run Add/Remove Programs.
- Select Kaseya Virtual System Administrator and click Change/Remove.
- When asked "Do you want to save the Kaseya user data?", click No
- Reinstall the Kaseya Virtual System Administrator.
- Restore the database from the saved backup. (System Tab - Server Info - Restore button)
NOTE: You must completely
uninstall MSDE if you do not have SQL Server Enterprise Manager.
Reinstalling is the only way to enable SQL authentication.